The extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth is a complicated surgical procedure. It’s important to follow your dentist’s aftercare instructions to a “T” to minimize the chances of your gums getting infected.
- Keep the gauze pad placed over the surgical area in place for the first half-hour after surgery, after which, you should remove and discard it.
- Avoid touching the wound or vigorously rinsing your mouth following surgery because this might dislodge the blood clot and initiate bleeding.
- Take the prescribed medications as soon as you start to feel discomfort. The pain will usually begin when the anesthetics wear off.
- Restrict your activities for the first 5-7 days after your surgery. Resume normal activity when you feel more comfortable.
- Ice packs are your friend in helping to minimize the swelling on your face where surgery was performed.
Is your impacted wisdom tooth giving you a terrible Toothache?
Get in touch with Shiny Smile Studio Dental Office in Texas to make an appointment with one of our dental health professionals. Our friendly staff members are ready to help and discuss your concerns. Call us today!